CS-SQL-COMPARE compares SQL- tables of similar or equal structure.
Comparing SQL tables is a task done more often than you might think:
- replicated tables have to be compared to their sources to make sure that the replication works
- test results have to be compared against reference tables
- configuration databases in test environments have to be compared with their production counterparts
- checks for referential integrity have to be done by comparing key columns
CS-SQL-COMPARE is the solution for all of these tasks and many more. It can compare databases on a running system. CS-SQL-COMPARE is an easy to use command line tool with an extensive amount of features.
Checkpointing allows to interrupt a compare run and continue at a later time.
- interactive or batch usage
- can be used for compares on active “hot” databases
- selecting and deselecting of columns for comparison
- WHERE conditions narrowing the number of rows to consider
- support for comparison of different data types (character types to numeric or date…)
- fully automatic iterations handle situations where tables are modified by the application during the compare run
- different action options available for any kind of difference found
- usage concepts are easy to master, yet powerful